Love Strawberry Shortcake? Love Ice Cream? Then my Fresh Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream recipe is for you. Strawberry shortcake is one of my all time favorite summer treats along with Ice Cream. Putting them both together just saves time! All you need is a blender and an Ice Cream Maker to be in dessert heaven.
Yield: About 1 quart of ice cream.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 4 or more hours
Tip: Keep all ingredients as cold as possible to speed up the freezing process.
- 14oz Sweetened Condensed Milk (you can make your own! find the recipe here)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Pint of Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Small Jar of Your Favorite Strawberry Jam (I use my homemade jam)
- 2 buttermilk biscuits crumbled
- A container large enough to hold approximately 1 quart of ice cream (I use a loaf pan)
What To Do:
- Prepare your ice cream maker, and place the metal mixing tub in the freezer for at least one hour or overnight.
- In a blender combine the sweetened condensed milk and pint of fresh strawberries. Blend for about 20 seconds.
- Stir in 2 cups heavy cream then allow mixture to chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into your ice cream makers mixing tub and assemble the unit. Add ice and salt according to the manufacturers instructions. It should take about 40 minutes for the ice cream to do its thing, during this time bake your biscuits (I make biscuits ahead of time and freeze them for occasions such as this) and crumble them up.
- When the ice cream maker stops spread 1/3rd of the ice cream into the bottom of your ice cream container. Sprinkle biscuit crumbs and dollop jam around it to your taste. Repeat the layers leaving a little jam and biscuit crumbs for the top.
- Now comes the hardest part: Place the ice cream into the freezer and let it chill at least 4 hours or overnight before digging in.
This ice cream is rich, with the perfect mixture of tart and sweet. It’s great after a hot summer day working outside. Strawberry season comes but once a year, ENJOY it!